Thursday, October 22, 2009

Darkflames Thrifty Thursdays

Instead of buying canned soup...Make your own! Keep the vegetables that you use in season so then it's cheaper. I only use chicken stock for it, vegetables and any seasonings I have on hand. I get a pot of soup for my lunches and dinners that lasts a week and only costs $4.00-$8.00.

You can even use those veggies that are a little off, but not completely bad yet. Boil them up in the stock, then let cool, and you can puree it for a creamy texture. If it's not thick enough, just bring to a boil and add some cornstarch that has been disolved in water, stirring until it is the desired thickness...

This is also healthier for you, non fat, and full of flavour!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad Grant and I aren't soup fans....LOL! And I needs me red meats! Moo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....i LOVE my soup.....it definitely makes for a nicer lunch than a sandwich.....and cheaper....:D

    ReplyDelete